Craig stopped by The Hallmark Channel's, Home and Family, on Monday, 5/14, to cook up his signature Sweet Jalapeño Pepper Poppers!
Watch Craig's segment from the show below and read the recipe for yourself!
Sweet Jalapeño Pepper Poppers Recipe:
• 12 whole small sweet peppers
• 5 oz. of gorgonzola crumbles
• 4 oz., weight cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
• 6 strips bacon, cut in half at the center (this will give you 12 pieces)
1) Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray
2) Wash and prepare your peppers by cutting the top off and making a slice down one side, so you can carefully open them up and scoop out the seeds (discard the seeds). Then set peppers aside.
3) Combine gorgonzola crumbles in a bowl with the cream cheese. Stir until well mixed. Spoon this mixture into each of the 12 peppers
4) Wrap each pepper with a piece of the bacon and secure with a toothpick
5) Freeze overnight, if desired for cheese not to gush out
6) Place peppers on the baking sheet with the bacon "seams" on the bottom
7) Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the bacon starts to crisp